If we could shrink the earth's population
today to a village of precisely 100 people, the numbers would play out as
1. There would be 57 Asians, 21
Europeans, 14 from North and South America, and 8 Africans.
2. There would be 51 females and 49
3. There would 70 non-white and 30
4. Half the world's wealth would be
in the hands of only 6 people, and they would all be American.
5. 80 would live in substandard
6. 50 would suffer from malnutrition.
7. Just one would have a college
8. No one would own a computer.